3 Star Pet-Friendly Holiday Cottages Cumbria
There’s something here for everyone! in 3-star Pet-friendly holiday cottages in Cumbria. Keswick is fast gaining a reputation as England’s Adventure Capital and that makes it a superb location for a short break or a longer holiday. Whether you’re here to walk in the footsteps of Wainwright, soar like an Osprey or simply to wander and admire views that inspired Wordsworth, Barn Croft provides an outstanding base for you to explore this beautiful area.
Ideas For The Day
- Dedicated mountain bike routes in the Whinlatter valley
- Hop on one of the beautiful steamers and enjoy a breathtaking journey on Lake Derwentwater
- Traverse the Go-Ape! tree-top adventure, at Whinlatter Forest Park
- Putting, Crazy Golf and Pitch & Putt at Keswick’s Hope Park
- Watch the latest movie at Keswick Alhambra Cinema
- Keswick’s Theatre by the Lake – offering high standard productions throughout the year
- Grass tennis courts, children’s playground and many other activities in Fitz Park
- Swimming at the Keswick Spa Leisure Pool
- Shopping at Keswick’s fabulous range of outdoor activity shops, and the twice-a-week market
- Hire a rowing boat on Lake Derwentwater
Fell walking is readily available, various water-sports are to hand on Lake Derwentwater and Lake Bassenthwaite, and there are many other activities and places of interest to visit. Families can have lots of fun in and around Keswick – there are things that you will find nowhere else in the world – from the biggest pencil in the world to the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! It is central to the whole of the Lake District with easy access to such places as Penrith, Ambleside, Windermere and the Solway Coast. Visitors may bring their own boat if they wish to launch it from Portinscale.